Youth Panel – Get Involved!
< back to blog
We are a membership-based organisation - this means YOU, our members, tell us how we can help you. We have had an exciting couple of years so far with our teenage project and as our funding enters its final year, we are thinking about how to plan a new and better project, with our confident experienced young people at the heart of the design.
We wish to form a Mae Murray Foundation Youth Panel. This panel will share insights, experiences and talk to the wider teenage group about likes and dislikes- to help plan future projects and events for teenage members throughout N.Ireland.
We are seeking 4-5 young people aged 15-18 to ‘take the lead’ (those of you who are younger will have the opportunity to get involved in the future.)
Before applying, members should be aware of the following information and be able to commit to the residential dates listed:
- There will be an application process, unfortunately, we cannot accept everyone. The initial stage will be an expression of interest via email to firstname.lastname@example.org by Fri 15 March. If we can adapt or adjust this process in any way to suit need, simply let us know.
- The Youth Panel will meet quarterly (4 times per year) at our offices in Willowbank Business Park, Larne. Transport will NOT be available but personal care support WILL be provided.
- Training such as safeguarding, disability awareness, first aid will be provided.
- A workshop based planning residential will take place in Portstewart on 8-9 July (full details to be confirmed)
- Youth Panel members should be young people who are keen to develop skills to support others and will embrace the role of welcoming new members into the group
If you have any questions at all, please do contact Kyleigh by phone or email.
T: 0300 600 1166